Skip to main content

CAIRO DAY 2

Cairo is quite more of the same thing till now, I’m refraining from going to museums and tours in order to go when Roberta is off work! However today i had made arrangements with the University of Cairo to be able to go there and visit student services, get to know how they work, shadow learn a bit to take with me back home!
So after indulging to yet another breakfast followed by a whim at the internet to get some things sorted with my email etc off I went! The hooting of the cars has normalised to my ears by now, even though the odd one makes you think that Valletta have won over Floriana and you are right in the middle of what they call celebrations!
So along the promenade, across the road.....oops that was near....but he smiled...seemed like he was actually joking trying to run me over....anyways, past the bridge, into the square and there was the large university building! Could not miss it! Large high building, facing a huge square. But when i went in i felt like im going through the most secure airport checking! 3...yes three security doors IN – A – ROW! Looking in my bag and you know what the security grabbed my Canon camera that is nothing different from any other similar camera and asked “camera?” (flabbergasted!) It took me some time to realise I had to answer “YES” doh!...his collegue wanted to show me he is no less!...grabbed my laptop, with a large TOSHIBA written all over it serving as a hint to what it is but there i got the question again!....”LAPTOP?” this must be some game I thought “YES!” I reciprocated, and i think that since I got two right answers out of two they let me in!! I was tempted to wait a minute or two to see what they did if say a student would come over and they grab his/her (writing her here is purely to be politically correct! – not too many hers here!)text and ask “Book?” im just curious what happens if somebody says no!...i guess they would get a lower grade in their degree!!:P
Ah well i went in asking for student services, and they got me there and you know what?.. i was led into a sort of old secondary school staff room full of desks they must have brought here by part exchange to some colonial monument back than, and male lecturers ....ah well discussing (loud). I presented myself to the Mr Mazziki guy who welcomed me...and quite friendly asked me my name and YESSSS offered me a coffee....which upon yesterdays positive experience, and a sense of trust being in a university I accepted, floating bits included:P
Anyways after i explained what i do he explained that as lecturers they do it themselves there and showed me their advisory services (an old looking shelve full of books which could have been king tuts own!) he invited me to have a look at books...which i thought I’d better do looking enthusiastic!
After a look at these books though and a quick gulp at the rest of my coffee he decided times over and told me he ordered a taxi to hotel for me! (polite form of saying time up i guess!) They paid for my taxi...but taxi driver asked for buqsheesh!!
Back home I decided its relax day today! Went to lobby, and spent my day there sipping tea, watching people stroll by and enjoying the sweet heat that managed to make it through the aircondition!
In the evening Roberta and I went for a stroll together to the Hilton hotels (we are due there in 2 days) some 2 km away to see that we chose well...tried the food there...Roberta needed a dose of pasta and got a taxi back home weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jien David... Jien Gulija

Jien David Jien Gulija Qeghdin go fija t-tnejn Gulija jrid il-glorja U David ma jrid xejn Hekk David bil-pacenzja Bil-merhla jigi hdejja Kull meta sinjal naghti li l-ghatx u l-kilba gejja Biex ft'Alla l Glorja nemmen U l-genb naghti 'l tad dinja 'mma dghajjef wisq jarawni 'mma dghajjef wisq jghiduli 'mma dghajjef wisq ...nemminhom U 'David n'hinn minn djuli U nfittex il-blat f'xoghli U s-sahha fit-taghlim Bhal Dawl nibni armata 'mma nkun qed nahli l-hin U ghax David izomm postu U f'mohhi xejn ma jkun Ninsa li fl-ghalqa jirgha Jissielet ma l-iljun Dejjem lest biex bil-fidi Kull meta bzonnu nigi Jissielet kontra l-gganti Meta il-mument jigi. W allura xhin Gulija Iqum minn gewwa fija U jheddidli l-armati Li nkun bnejt bi kburija U dawn jaharbu jigru Mill glieda jizgiccaw, Hemm David jerga jigi Bil-fidi u c-caghqiet Jidhol fl-isfida, jtemma W rebbieh johrog mill-gdid Ghalhekk Ghinni Mulej ha nikber Fl-eghlieqi mal-merhliet Ghallimni nghix ta David U

Kemm Nixtieq

Kemm nixtieq nidhol fir radju ta hajtek U nnaddaflu hossu nnehhi t textix Nhalilek biss ghanja li tghanni il ferh. Kemm nixtieq li nghammar fil kmajra ta qalbek Fir rokna tal weggha, tal ghafsa tal qalb Fejn tahbi I'll bikja Ta xewqa genwina Tal paci fil qalb Nnaddaflek tindifa, Ha tinsa l- ilbierah U Taghraf il ghazla li llum qed itik bix xewqtek ta ghada Titbissem bla ddum Kemm nixtieq nimxi il passi ta riglek U nterraqhom mieghek, pass pass kullimkien Biex ebda rih kontra ma jfixklek fhidmietek U ebda hass fierah ma nhalli jnessik, Kemm int bhar rigali Kemm zejnek bi gmiel Biex tifrah u tferrah U tikber u tkabbar U kull pass li jkabrek Bi kburija thabbar Sa tasal u taghraf Li dlam ghadda u mar Ghal kull xewqa f qalbek Iz zmien ikun sar.

Did-Darba Nċedi

Did-darba nċedi Ha noqod pass lura Ndawwar rasi Ahjar ma nkunx naf Did darba ncedi Ha Niskot bla kelma Se Nhalli l hajja Tterraq bis sliema Minix ser ingerger U Mhux se nippilla Nintefa fir rokna Jien biss. F'tarf it triq. Fejn hadd qatt ma jghaddi. Fejn ruh ma ssibx wens. Fejn ladarba ccedi, Inemnem ftit sens. 20-6-2018